Terms and conditions of domain name registration
Welcome to the domain name registration service of Maytech.
Domain registration and renewal is governed by our terms and conditions and the T&Cs of the relevant registry. Nominet (the registry for all .UK domains) require that you acknowledge their T&Cs which are available at: https://www.nominet.uk/uk-domains/policies/.
To register or renew a .UK domain name please contact us at email@example.com confirming that you have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- Registration charges
- Charges are £25 per domain per year to register or renew.
- There are no ongoing charges once your domain has been registered or renewed.
- Renewal and maintenance
- All domains are renewed every year and reminder emails are sent 30 days, 14 days, 7 days and 1 day before the expiry date.
- Reminder emails are sent to the email address specified on the account, so registrants should ensure that their emails are up-to-date.
- Maytech take no responsibility if your domain renewal fails due to your contact details being incorrect.
- If you would like to renew a domain, please contact us 14 days before your domain expires using one of the ways mentioned below.
- If you wish to have your domain automatically renewed, this can be managed through the client portal area. All domains with the selected Auto Renew are renewed 14 days in advance of the domain name expiring and are billed 30 days in advance.
- If you do not renew your domain before its expiry date, all provided services will be suspended. After the suspension you will go into a 60 day grace period which you can still renew your domain name but with an additional redemption fee of £25 + VAT. You must request the renewal of your domain by email before the 80th day after your domain has expired, after 90 days your domain will be cancelled and deleted from the register and made available for resale through a third party registrar. Maytech will not guarantee the renewal of a domain name.
- Contract termination
- If you wish to terminate your contract with Maytech, please email firstname.lastname@example.org no less than 30 days before your services are due to be renewed.
- Your account will be considered as terminated, when all outstanding balances have been paid in full.
- Domains will only be considered for transfer once all balances have been settled, Maytech will not charge you for transferring a domain(s) away to another registrar’s tag.
- You acknowledge that termination of the agreement for any reason will result in Maytech ceasing to provide the applicable services, with the consequences that flow from such cessation, including (but not limited to), deletion of data .e.g. hosting account(s) and mail boxes.
- Customer service commitments
- Please contact us using one of the contact methods below. Outside of office hours (9am – 6pm) please email us at email@example.com. We will respond to your questions within 1 business day and aim to resolve any issues you have within 5 business days.
- Complaints and escalation process
- If you wish to make a complaint about a service you have received, please submit an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org including as much detail from the issue as you have. We will investigate your complaint and try to resolve it within 5 business days.
- If you’re not satisfied with the initial outcome of your complaint, then submit your issue to Nominet (the .uk registry) here: https://www.nominet.uk/complaints/.
- Abuse complaints
- Please submit an email to us at email@example.com.