ISO 27001 certification
At Maytech we take every step to ensure all our customers data is fully secure. That doesn’t just involve a secure product range, it also requires world class internal Information Security Management (ISM) processes that are externally audited.
That’s why Maytech underwent ISO 27001 certification and is audited by Lloyds Register Quality Assurance Limited, UKAS Reg No. 0001.
This provides confidence through an internationally recognised ISM standard which simplifies security and compliance requirements for vendor management processes and demonstrates that we take all aspects of IT and data security seriously.
Lloyds Register Quality Assurance (LRQA) is a world leading, independent provider of ISO 27001 certification, validation and verification.
The ISO 27001 certification has 11 main requirements:
1. Strong security policies – empowered by management direction
2. Organisation of secure information – governing information security
3. Asset management – providing inventory and classification of information assets
4. Human resources security – for employees joining, moving and leaving an organisation
5. Physical and environmental security – protecting computer facilities
6. Communications and operations management – managing technical security controls in systems and networks
7. Access control – restriction of access rights to networks, systems, applications, functions and data
8. Information systems acquisition, development and maintenance – building security into applications
9. Information security incident management – anticipating and responding appropriately to information security breaches
10. Business continuity management – protecting, maintaining and recovering business-critical processes and systems
11. Compliance – ensuring conformance with information security policies, standards, laws and regulations
These are initially assessed and then six monthly independent audits are conducted.
Maytech’s ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certificate is available on request.